NEWTech Skill Center & Spokane Regional Plan Center Partnership
in Skilled Trades
NEWTech Skill Center and SRPC began their partnership in 2018.
The mission between the two entities is to promote careers in Skilled Trades.
As the current construction workforce approaches retirement, it is vital to SPRC’s employers that the new labor force is properly trained to complete projects for years to come.
Donations make it possible
To support this mission, SPRC has made many sizable donations to the NEWTech’s Construction, Welding and Electrical programs.
Donations are used to:
- Aid students in paying for proper identification needed to obtain employment: birth certificates, state IDs and drivers licenses.
- Support students in buying the correct attire needed to participate in their training: boots, welding hoods & leathers, tool belts, and program uniforms.
- Bus passes to support transportation to and from school.
- Purchase materials needed to instruct students: lumber, steel, electrical supplies etc.
Events / Strategies:
- Construction Career Days, April 2022
- 8th Grade Career Fair, May 2022
- Visits to active job sites and area apprenticeship offices
- Employer Breakfast and Lunch Visits to NEWTech followed by tours
- Professional videographer to film NEWTech classes for YouTube marketing
- Direct mail and social media advertising to prospective students and parents
How do we fund the scholarship?
We put on two major events every year that fund our scholarship program. Click the links below to view the event pages and get more information and how you can participate.
CONTACT US TO LEARN MORE ABOUT
SPOKANE REGIONAL PLAN CENTER
509 – 328 – 9600